Based on the recent article “Exploring the interoperability of innovation capability and corporate sustainability” in the April 2015 edition of the Journal of Business Research, there are 8 ways to improve the interoperability of innovation and sustainability. There are:
Internal necessities of an organization
- Combining ethical research, conservation of raw materials and product safety in R&D activities.
- Making a good partnership with suppliers such as fair terms of trade.
- Viewing strategic corporate social responsibility as a long-term investment in a company’s future competitiveness.
- Motivating leaders and top managers to have passion in the work of integrating business and social needs.
External necessities of an organization
- Building academic–industry bridges with many domestic universities to increase the organization’s knowledge sharing.
- Motivating international events and encouraging internal groups to join contests to extend technology and innovation capability for talent and organization.
- Providing truthful advertising for customers.
- Understanding the rule of law including security, protection of property and the legal system.
Lai, W. H., Lin, C. C., & Wang, T. C. (2015). Exploring the interoperability of innovation capability and corporate sustainability. Journal of Business Research, 68(4), 867-871.